Friday, August 1, 2008

Publix

Ok so I made my first real "coupon" trip to Publix last night. I had 11 coupons for about $0.75-$2.00. Before I went shopping I looked at all of the BOGO deals and matched them up with any coupons I had. Then I also looked at a few things that were on sale, made my list and headed to the store. I went after 8pm cause I figured it wouldn't be as busy. The BOGO deals were great, I came home with 4 boxes of cereal that I totally didn't need right now because I have 3 already and then I bought another at Walmart yesterday for $0.50, pretty good deal I think. Publix sold this same cereal that I bought at Walmart for $1.39 more...I couldn't believe it. So if you are looking for a good deal on cereal and there isn't a BOGO deal going on at your grocery store, I would suggest Target or Walmart for those items. I really do feel that sometimes shopping at those places you get much better deals sometimes. Anyway, so I got a ton of BOGO items and when I was in the middle of picking a couple up I noticed a tear pad coupon for a free pack of hot dogs when you purchase 3 of a certain item...well those certain items were BOGO and I was buying them already. I started to purchase a few things for Kendra's lunches already since school starts in a couple weeks and they were great deals. So I got free hot dogs!

Before I handed her the coupons I counted them and then watched as she scanned them counting the # of beeps, making sure she got all of them...she did! I also had a coupon in there from the Entertainment Book for $5 off a $50 purchase, I had already let 2 of the 4 expire, but now I am in coupon mode :)

So here is what my final totals were...

Total (before coupons & taxes)= $159.93
Vendor Coupons= $13.75
Store Coupons= $5.00
BOGO/Sale Savings= $47.82
Advantage Buy Savings= $6.25
Total Savings= $72.82

OOP (out of pocket)= $80.07
And on top of that total I purchased enough items to get a free Firefly Cell Phone. Not something I need at the moment, but I am going to send in for it anyway and maybe it will be a gift or maybe I will end up needing it for some reason or another. Now I know my total savings only added up to 50%, but that is great for me. If I can spend that on grocerys weekly instead of close to $200 I am good with that :) Cause it is really a savings of close to 250% for me a week!

Well that is my story for the week, I can't wait to get ads on Sunday to figure out where my next deal is. I have started a cereal and shampoo/conditioner stockpile as of now...LOL. I am learning the in's and out's of CVSing and and shopping at WAGS...so we'll see how this goes for our family!

Good luck shopping and please post or email me your great deals (brags) so we can post them for everyone to see.

No comments: